Saturday, May 31, 2008

2008 Q1 Review

It's review time. Finally i get to see some good out of my investments. Did some funds transfer during the past 2 months, to re-allocate my funds. I am moving away from pure China funds now, although i still hold a large amount of them. Bought a new fund from SGAM few days ago, transaction is still in progress so i won't be posting any of the information yet.

Totally moved out of Schroder BRIC, the shifted does have an impact, my other funds are profiting again.

My funds holding & return

  1. Fidelity China Focus-SGD (-23.50)
  2. Fidelity EUR Agg A-SGD (+1.54)
  3. First State Glb Resources (+10.27)
  4. PRU Global Balanced Fund (+1.51)
  5. Schroder Asian Growth Fund (-7.52)
China Focus dropped a little in losses from -25.02 to -23.50, China is a NO for now. I will most probably shift everything from China Focus to other funds without these 2 months. EUR Agg is profitable at on 1.54%, but it is still better from my last reviews, -7.84 to 1.54, not too bad.

The best so far has to be FS Glb Resources, from loss making of -1.28 to profit making at 10.27, the rebounce is the fastest among all my other funds, and it helps in the overall P/L. Pru Glb Resource also recover a little from -3.22 to 1.51. Asian Growth is a little disappointing, it is still volatile, lots of price swings within the last 3 months, gone from -15.41 to -7.52. Nevertheless, my overall portfolio is recovering, but i am still at a loss, -3.51 as of today.

The China fund has brought down the portfolio performance, but overall performance is still OK compared to a total loss of -13.32 three months ago. Losses dropped by around 10%, not too bad for now.
My investment is getting a beating from US slowdown, asia markets did not decouple from US, unlike what i have read. I wonder if i will have enough money for retirement in 30+ years time given the growth rate of my retirement funds.
My stocks investments are still losing money especially Ecowise, it's the lousiest investments i have ever made. I would be happy if i could just breakeven for now.
My stock holding & return
  1. Ecowise Holdings Limited (-32.2)
  2. KTL Global (+20.78)
  3. Lian Beng Group (-20.73)
Ecowise impoved abit, from -42.37 to -32.2, KTL is profitable now at +20.78, i am still holding on and i may not sell away this stock soon but i am considering selling away Ecowsie and Lian Beng.
Total returns: -14.08
Hopefully by the time i write my 3 reviews, i am back with profits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment